Summers are nearly here and it is time to equip your fridge with the freshest produce and freeze a few for the sake of their longevity when it comes to consumption at some point in time. Let this article guide you when it comes to freezing the fresh fruits in the comfort of your own home. And if you simply don’t have time to freeze the fruits, you can get in touch with a fruit supplier and get ready to consume frozen fruits easily.
You may want to freeze the fruits which are perfectly ripe, never use the overripe fruits. This is because they consists of less and less nutrients.
- Begin by washing and/or peeling the ripened fruit
- Get rid of any imperfections or flaws if needed
- Dice up larger fruits small enough so they can blend.
- Then, grab a cookie sheet, cutting board or anything that can be kept in your freezer for a few hours.
- Then align it with a piece of plastic wrap, parchment paper or wax paper.
- Organize your chopped fruit on your cookie sheet and then keep it in a freezer.
- Ensure that it is secured and leveled enough so that it doesn’t move or fall if the freezer door is kept opened
- Freeze the fruits overnight.
Once the fruit is totally frozen, then you can transfer them into an airtight freezer bag or a container where you can store them. Until and unless you are not letting the bag of fruit thaw at all, every frozen piece of fruit will stay as separate pieces. The frozen fruits can be best used within 6 months.
Know that you have no limit on which types of fruit you can make smoothies with. Always keep a few bananas handy as they are perfect for rendering the smoothies thick and creamy. Other fruits include:
- berries like strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, and blackberries
- stone fruits like nectarines, peaches, cherries, bananas, pineapple and grapes
In order to make smoothies thick and creamy, you can blend a cup of liquid and a cup of frozen food together. Plant milks are best for creamy smoothies. You can also try almond, soy, flax, hemp, oat milk etc. for best results. Coconut water and fruit juices are ideal as well. If you want to make the most of creamy and luscious smoothies, you can also include some bananas.
- Smoothie Bowls
They are also made of lots of frozen fruits. You can serve a thick smoothie in a chilled bowl and add a topping of fresh chopped ingredients like nuts, seeds, granola etc.